Minnesota Law Requires
I Receive This Signed Form Prior to Our First Session
Sheri Taber, The Shamanic Practitioner, LLC
11610 Minnetonka Mills Road, Minnetonka, MN 55305
Training and Experience:
- Shamanic Training (Basic & Advanced Sandra Ingerman)
- 2 Year Advanced Shamanic Teachings and Initiations (The Center for Earth Light Healing, Dory Cote)
- Compassionate Depossession (Basic & Advanced, Heart Centered Shamanic Healing – Betsy Bergstrom)
- Curse & Thoughtform Unravelling (Heart Centered Shamanic Healing – Betsy Bergstrom)
- Soul Retrieval (The Center for Earth Light Healing, Dory Cote)
- Shamanic Energy Extraction (Tony Allicino)
- Past Life Regression & Healing Certification (Omega Institute for Holistic Studies with Dr. Brian Weiss)
- Death & Dying (Spirit Weavers)
- Shamanic Mediumship & Seidr (Heart Centered Shamanic Healing – Betsy Bergstrom)
As of July 1, 2001, Minnesota’s Freedom of Access to Complementary Care Law (Statute Chapter 146A) requires that you receive and acknowledge that you have received by your signature on this document, the following information prior to your treatment.
“THE STATE OF MINNESOTA HAS NOT ADOPTED ANY EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING STANDARDS FOR UNLICENSED COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONERS. THIS STATEMENT OF CREDENTIALS IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY.
Under Minnesota law, an unlicensed complementary and alternative health care practitioner may not provide a medical diagnosis or recommend discontinuance of medically prescribed treatments. If a client desires a diagnosis from a licensed physician, chiropractor, or acupuncture practitioner, or services from a physician, chiropractor, nurse, osteopath, physical therapist, dietitian, nutritionist, acupuncture practitioner, athletic trainer, or any other type of health care provider, the client may seek such services at any time.”
We strive for 100% client satisfaction. If during your session you are uncomfortable in any way or your comfort can be increased, please let your Practitioner know immediately so the necessary adjustments can be made for your complete satisfaction.
While we hope you will reach out to us if you have any complaint or concern about the care or services you receive, the Client may also contact the Office of Unlicensed Complementary and Alternative Health Care Practice located in Minnesota Department of Health:
625 Robert St. N.
P.O. Box 64975
St. Paul, MN 55164-0975
Contact person: Health.HOP@health.state.mn.us
Fees, Payment, Cancellations, Insurance:
Payment for services via credit card is typically collected at the time of scheduling. Fees for time that exceeds the scheduled time are billed at $25 per 15 minutes. Cash payment is also accepted.
Scheduling Your Appointment
We utilize online scheduling software, which automatically collects the payment for the session. Clients may schedule their sessions directly from our website or by calling us directly.
Duration: 2 hours
Fee: $200 – $300
Typical Follow-up Visit
Duration: 90 – 120 minutes
Fee: $150 – $250
Compassionate Depossession Services
Sessions in which Compassionate Depossession services are provided, may incur an additional service fee of $50.00. Compassionate depossession (aka psychopomp services) work requires significant pre-session and post-session work on the practitioner’s behalf. Therefore, there is a $50 additional fee when depossession work is required.
We do not accept insurance reimbursements.
- Cancellations with up to 48 hour business day notice: may reschedule or receive 100% refund.
- Cancellations with a 24-hour business day notice: may reschedule or request a refund, minus $75 for pre-session preparation and journeywork.
- No shows with no advance notice of cancellation will be charged the full fee for the scheduled appointment time.
Changes in fees will be posted and discussed prior to treatment.
Theory of Treatment
The state requires a “Plain language” summary of the “theoretical approach used to provide service to clients.”
- Spends time with the client to understand the symptoms, changes and desired outcomes.
- Prepares to receive guidance from spirit allies. This typically begins with drumming or rattling.
- Begins a deep meditative state and receives guidance and direction from her compassionate spirit allies.
- Shares with the client what has been recommended. With approval from the client,
- Enters deep meditative state and facilitates the work of Spirit.
- When complete, the Practitioner shares with client details of what Spirit affected on client’s behalf.
- Practitioner shares with client any recommended aftercare and follow-up.
Right to Current Information
Clients have the right to complete and current information concerning the practitioner’s assessment and recommended service that is to be provided, including the expected duration of the service to be provided.
Personal Interaction and Treatment
Clients have the right to expect courteous treatment, free from verbal, physical, or sexual abuse.
Right to Confidentiality
Client records are confidential and will not be released, unless authorized by the client in writing or as otherwise provided for by law.
Right to Self Access
Clients have the right to access to their own records maintained by the Practitioner’s office, in accordance with state statute sections 144.291 to 144.298.
Other Treatment Available
Other shamanic services are available to the Client and can be provided by this practitioner. The client can receive information about them by asking the Practitioner, accessing the Practitioner’s website (TheShamanicPractitioner.com), or by consulting the provider who referred you to this practitioner.
Right of Agency
The Client has the right to choose freely among available practitioners and to change practitioners after services have begun, within the limits of health insurance, medical assistance, or other health programs.
The Client has the right to coordinated transfer of records when there will be a change in the provider of services.
Right of Refusal
The Client may refuse services or treatment unless otherwise provided by law.
Right of Non-retribution
The Client has the right to assert any and all of above-mentioned rights without retaliation from the Practitioner.
Minnesota Law Requires that You Acknowledge You
Understand & Receive a Copy of these Client Bill of Rights
Minnesota Law requires I provide this Bill of Rights to you and obtain your signature acknowledging you have received and understand this information.
- By completing and submitting the form below, you are acknowledging that you have received, read and understand the Complementary and Alternative Health Care Client Bill of Rights.
- Clicking the blue button (I have received and understand these Bill of Rights) is the equivalent of signing a paper copy.
- In accordance with Minnesota law, a printed copy will be placed in our files.
- Directions for downloading and printing your copy are at the bottom of this page.
Please complete all fields, confirm box above blue button is checked, click blue button to submit your form. Thank you.